Thank you for choosing TaskTrain! We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us.
- Agreement: This policy is incorporated by reference into our overall Terms of Service, and forms part of the legally binding Agreement between you and TaskTrain when visiting our Site or using our Service.
- Definitions: All capitalized terms are defined in our Terms of Service, unless otherwise noted here.
- Circumstances: We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when contacting us via email, post, telephone, on-Site or in-Service chat, registering for the Service, updating information in the Service, or otherwise contacting us.
- Types: The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
- Name and Contact: We may collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, instant messaging or conferencing username, and other similar contact data.
- Organization information: We may collect information related to the Organizations of which you are a Member in the service, including your title, role, and contact information.
- Authentication Credentials: We may collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and User Profile access.
- Accuracy: All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
- Summary: Some information, such as IP address, and browser and device characteristics, is collected automatically when you visit our Site or Service.
- Circumstances: We automatically collect certain information when you visit our Site or use our Service.
- Types: This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Site or Service, and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Service and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
- Cookies: We may use web browser cookies and similar tracking technologies (like web beacons and pixels) to store or access information.
- Do Not Track: Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. No uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online.
- Summary: We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, and other outside sources.
- Sources: We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, partners, vendors, affiliates, as well as from other third parties.
- Types: Examples of the information we receive from other sources include: social media profile information and public Internet activity linked to your email address.
- Reasons: We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interest: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Contract Performance: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligation: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interest: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Third Parties: We may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Subprocessors: In addition to our proprietary tracking required for use of the Service, we employ the following United States-based third party subprocessors, which may also store your information:
- Amazon Web Services: Service and storage hosting
- Google Analytics: website analytics
- Google Apps: internal business operations
- Intercom: customer communication, support, and relationship management
- Mailgun: transactional email
- Microsoft 365: internal business operations
- Siteground: website hosting
- Stripe: payment processing
- Other Vendors: We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Site or Service, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Site or Service over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Advertisers: We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Site or Service. These companies may use information about your visits to our Site or Service and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- Business Partners: We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- Other Users: When you share personal information or otherwise interact within private areas of the Service such as communicating with other Members of an Organizations, such personal information may be viewed by other users within that area
- Public: When you share personal information or otherwise interact within public areas of the Service (such as sharing Materials in a public Manual), such personal information may be viewed by anyone on the internet and may be publicly distributed outside the Service in perpetuity.
- Home Country: If you are accessing our Service from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information (see the Information Sharing section above) in the United States and other countries.
- Advertisers: The Site or Service may contain advertisements from third parties that are not affiliated with us and which may link to other websites, online services or mobile applications.
- Removal: When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
- Measures: We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process, including requiring strong passwords, end-to-end encryption, and per-request security authorization.
- No Liability: However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Service is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
- Minimum Age: We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 16 years of age. By using the Site or Service, you represent that you are at least 16 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the app.
- Underage Removal: If we learn that personal information from users less than 16 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records.
- Contact: If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 16, please contact us.
- Review and Update: You may review or change the information in your User Profile at any time following the instructions on our Help Center.
- Cancellation: You may remove your User Profile at any time, per the Termination and Cancellation section of our Terms of Service.
- Marketing Opt-out: You may unsubscribe from our marketing email at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the email messages that we send. However, we will still send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account.
European Economic Area
- EEA: If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority.
- Shine The Light: California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us.
- Right of Removal: If you are under 16 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered User Profile on the Service, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Service. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your User Profile and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Service, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.